List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: No sound on KDE apps only
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-12-17 14:12:35

lørdag den 17. december 2016 11.34.25 CET skrev Stratos Zolotas:
> I executed dolphin from the Konsole and when I try to press play on
> the preview for an mp3 file I'm getting this:
>
> WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect  Phonon::MediaObject ( no
> objectName ) to  Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
>
> I suspect the same is happening with Amarok. Any ideas how to resolve it?

Make sure you have installed:

phonon4qt5-backend-gstreamer (Dolphin)
phonon-backend-gstreamer (Amarok, still KDE4 based)

And make sure you have the relevant Gstreamer packages installed from Packman
to provide support for proprietary formats - or at least gstreamer-fluendo-mp3
if your only need is mp3.

Alternatively install and select the respective vlc backends for phonon and
the vlc-codecs from Packman.