List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] testing smartcardsupport in 42.2 beta 2
From:       stakanov () freenet ! de
Date:       2016-09-28 9:09:42

I wish to test the smartcard support for pgp encryption in beta 2. (not Yubikey)
Before to get to a working result I had to follow these steps and I was done:

http://www.bress.net/blog/archives/203-How-to-use-a-cryptostick-with-Gnu-Privacy-Guard.html

Question:
a) is this still expected to require this user interaction to set up or should it \
work "out of the box".  b) is local(!) root login via such a token foreseen or has \
the feature not been implemented (using RSA signature for authentication). c) is \
there any special function you would like me to try out for the sake of testing ( I \
will run signing, encrypting), i.e. I do not know if signing party is in the official \
repos and if it is expected to run. As it is a very widely used tool in signing \
parties, it would be good to know if it is functional. Does anybody know if this has \
been implemented (or is this packman and - in this case - does anybody know if \
packman will support beta2 with packages for testing? d) does Kleopatra now handle \
crypto hardware or wasn't it still implemented?

The hardware is somewhat older but should be quite widely used especially in Germany \
and Northern Europe. A new version has been created by the producer \
https://blog.mozilla.org/security/files/2013/02/jpg-600x471..

Thank you.

---
Die Bundesliga hat begonnen! Alle Tore, alle Ergebnisse, alle News: Pocket Liga jetzt \
im https://app.adjust.com/dpynzd oder https://app.adjust.com/dpynzd herunterladen - \
kostenlos!