List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd has nothing to do with mounting logical volumes from LVM?
From:       Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2013-02-24 3:08:12

El 23/02/13 23:37, Linda Walsh escribió:

> You are saying that systemd knows nothing about LVM?

Exactly.

> It seems to have scripts for everything above except lvm and pnp.
> Could you elaborate on how systemd can't do LVM?

In this release cycle there is no lvm generator
(http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Generators) to
interface with systemd. All is done in a combination between the initrd,
udev and boot.lvm legacy init script, this is all part of packages lvm2
and device-mapper.

>Is it no
> longer supported?

Where did you got that idea ? of course it should work.

> I can see it running the lvm and lvm-monitor scripts before it begins
> run level 3 -- you can tell the difference in the log when systemd
> kicks in vs. not -- but it doesn't run them early in boot.
>
> It runs rootfsck early in boot, udev sysctl, Why doesn't it
> run lvm volume detection right after devicemapper and loadmodules
> like sysV does?

Hard to tell if we dont know exactly what are you doing or expecting,
what bug report exactly ?