List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Update while active graphical desktop session made logout impossible
From:       Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-12-20 20:54:47

Am 20.12.2012 20:56, schrieb Lars Müller:

> But the current way lead to the trouble I described.

How about simply fixing that bug?
I had the same today with Factory: I was only allowed to reboot from
XFCE after entering the root password.
I suspect something console/policy/whateverkit was updated and is not
able to handle its restart.

I really hate Windows first installing updates taking a long time, then
on reboot again applying updates for even longer. And on next startup again.
We should not try to imitate that.

> All I like to see is progress.  The current approach leads to the
> described trouble.
>
> Please be this nice and reply with a suggestion how to address the
> described issue.

see above.
--
Stefan Seyfried
"If your lighter runs out of fluid or flint and stops making