List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: KDE 4.9 is now in Tumbleweed:Testing,
From:       Greg KH <gregkh () linux ! com>
Date:       2012-11-20 20:30:26

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 08:46:08PM +0100, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> On 11/20/2012 07:25 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> > I do not know of any way to resolve this, does anyone else?
>
> Maybe we can redefine release number to have precedence over others
> and testing to have a bit lower than real tumbleweed. prjconf like
> this should do this (untested):
> In tumbleweed:
> Release: tw1.<CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>
> in tumblweed:testing:
> Release: tw0.<CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>
>
> Hmm, but then adding whatever is in tumbleweed into tumbleweed:testing
> wouldn't dup packages from testing. Oh, testing should have higher
> priority when people have testing enabled. So the above the other way
> round?

Either way would help out when I have updated packages in tumbleweed,
yet because of the build number being lower than what is in the 12.2
repo, they never get updated.

Is there a way in the configuration of the repo to add such a release
prefix to all packages?  I really don't want to have to hand-edit all
packages just to do this :)

thanks,

greg k-h