List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: KDE 4.9 is now in Tumbleweed:Testing,
From:       Greg KH <gregkh () linux ! com>
Date:       2012-11-20 18:25:09

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 06:36:29PM +0100, ConteZero wrote:
> With the packages from Tumbleweed I've conflicts, with the packages
> from Updates repository I've to downgrade, with the packages from
> KDE 49 repository all works.

Yes, you will have to do that.

> My question is: why the packages from Tumbleweed have a lower
> version number than those from other repositories? It's not possible
> to use the same package version number of KDE 49 repository?

Nope, it's the build number, that does not propagate across repos, even
when you link packages from them.  It's a very annoying thing, and it
causes some package updates to never get seen by people (like the emacs
update that's in Tumbleweed right now.)

I do not know of any way to resolve this, does anyone else?

> Last thing: package kgpg is missing from Tumbleweed repository.

Is it really needed?  Ok, I'll go add it now, thanks.

greg k-h