List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] The KDE Desktop is looking for maintainers (or not.....)
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-07 13:00:42

Dear List mates,

Some time ago it was announced that each devel project should have a number of
maintainers that are doing the work and supporting each other.

I would like to raise the issue that the KDE repositories (KDF and KR49) are
currently being maintained by a lower number of people than was indicated. In
other words, lately most of the packaging work and supporting KDF/KR49 was
done just by me.

Looking forward than I won't be able to spend that much time anymore on
supporting KDE within openSUSE and therefore I would like to call for
volunteers that would like to support the KDE desktop within openSUSE and
doing the packaging, bugfixing, etc.

The future of the KDE desktop within openSUSE depends on your support and it
would be ashame to see the KDE desktop disappearing due to lack of
maintainership. In my heart I know that the KDE community within openSUSE is
big and definitely capable of keeping the KDE desktop alive.

If you do not feel experienced enough to take this task upon you, then be
asured that there are experienced people willing to help and guide you.

Let's make KDE the best desktop within openSUSE

Regards

Raymond