List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse] Support  and repairtools: A laughing stock! (was:Unnecessary P
From:       Patrick Shanahan <paka () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2012-11-01 15:40:33

* Oddball <monkey9@iae.nl> [11-01-12 07:13]:
> I think some serious rethinking should be done about what is the aim on
> opensuse?
>
> Create an os that is useless always broken but looks sometimes shiny?
> Or a system that uses only tools that work, and that are supported?
> A repair kit that is usable?, or just something that looks like it, but it
> is not even good enough to wipe your ass with? (difficult with a laptop or
> pc i agree.. :-D)
>
> I think, if opensuse continous, to go on, on this road, the userbase will
> shrink further.
>
> What is the use of an update tool, if the system is broken?

While you are certainly allowed to speak your feelings, those utterances
are the result of frustration of your own making.  Continuing in this
manner will definitely, and has already, alienate those inclined to lend
you assistance which so far you either dismiss or only half perform.

Wipe your disk(s) after backingup your <home>.  Make a *new* install w/o
selecting *kde3* apps.  Boot into your new system with a *new* user and
attempt to do *controlled* and *reversable* changes to achieve your needs.
Then and only then import your saved <home> a portion at a time checking
that something does not change your system adversely.

Return and *sanely* request assistance w/o the rants and derogatory.
Perhaps you will get help and perhaps not.

*You* are *your* own worst enemy.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member