List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal for 12.3: Drop sysinit V & OT
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-09-06 7:54:21

Am Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, 03:22:49 schrieb Mark Gray:
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 3:13 AM, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar
> <DimStar@opensuse.org> wrote:
> > Quoting "Brian K. White" <brian@aljex.com>:
> >> The real fix would be if the systemd authors just weren't such
> >> inconsiderate dicks that insist working with systemd has to come at
> >
> > Sorry, Brian, but could you please stop personally attacking and insulting
> > people on this list? If you have a problem with the author, sit in a room
> > with him and tell him your opinion. This kind of language is not needed on
> > the list(s).
>
> I think what we are experiencing is a language/culture mismatch - what
> may be perfectly acceptable to German ears is extremely rude and
> dismissive to native English speakers.

I'd say it's rather the other way around. If it's ok to German ears it's most
certainly ok to English speakers, not the other way around. The overusage of
f***ing or xyz-nazi are two examples. Brian is off by a lot to all kinds of
ears I know, certainly German.

If the netiquette of this list was enforced most of that kind of language
would be gone.

> I also have found the attitude of the systemd people to be way out of
> line, and counter productive.

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion as long as there is a technical
reason to it (since this is a technical list) and as long as the wording is
acceptable.

Sven