List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumblweed has switched to 12.1 and is now empty
From:       Markus Slopianka <markus.s () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2011-11-17 14:17:46

On Donnerstag 17 November 2011 00:34:17 Greg KH wrote:

> It should be, Tumbleweed is the "latest" stable openSUSE packages.
> Right now, that means it is based on 12.1, so upgrade to that, and all
> is good.

So why does the main 12.1 repo not simply feed the TW repo?

> If you would have set your repos to just point to openSUSE-current, then
> all would have worked seamlessly, which is why that is the recommended
> way of doing this.

No, it is not. If it was the recommended way, the way would be recommended at
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Tumbleweed

A way is not recommended when you simply come up with it and then tell nobody about it.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Tumbleweed is the place to tell people about it and when
there is a openSUSE-current repo (franky, I've never heard of it), then its tutorial
should also add the openSUSE-current repo.

Markus