List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] GDM Problems with factory
From:       Sankar P <sankar.curiosity () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-19 10:50:17

I had a 11.3 laptop. I added
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/ to the zypper
repositories and did a `zypper dup`.

Ever since that, when I boot my machine, the gdm screen does not come up.

If I boot into the failsafe kernel, then I get a commandline and then,
I need to manually start the services of dbus, hal and network. after
this if I do a rcxdm start the gdm comes up. However, the screen
resolution is very very less and so everything appears big.

Everything was working fine in 11.3 in the same machine and most
recently with Tumbleweed as well.

What files can I provide for debugging ?

Thanks

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com