List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] Fwd: Re: amarok crash
From:       Donn Washburn <n5xwb () comcast ! net>
Date:       2010-08-23 20:39:53

  Hey Group;

Someone in amarok's email list attempting to figure out my Amarok
problem and suggested this.
Along with FlightGear (self compiled), Blender and amarok fail in KDE4.
And this was from a DVD load.  I very much feel it is a KDE4/DBUS
problem in 11.3 recent version.  All of them worked on the last version.

as root "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental"  which shows hundreds of errors.

Error from a command line as a user>  amarok

KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
sock_file=/home/donn/.kde4/socket-m1l/kdeinit4__0
<unknown program name>(6945)/: Communication problem with  "amarok" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : " "The name org.kde.amarok
was not provided by any .service files"