List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] M6, Netinstall.
From:       Oddball <monkey9 () iae ! nl>
Date:       2009-08-31 18:55:23

Hi,

Some things are strange to me:

1) You have to mark addons, else you get 127pkgs, very many dep
problems, and an unbootable system.
(i would think there should be a warning about that happening, because
there is no preselection on addons, but there is one at autoconfig. Is
this intentional, or should i file a bug about that?)
When marking the addons checkbox, one enters a page with much too many
options, imho, for new users very confusing. I was glad the community
sources were available, because i did not have an url handy...

2) The gui doesn't work, so ncurses takes 2th part of installation.

3) Still need sax2 to setup x. I thought since the discussion about
that, there would be a working alternative.
But i was very glad sax2 was around to setup my monitor :)

It took me the whole day to setup a working 11.2 M6.

pkgs bundle-lang-gnome-nl and bundle-lang-gnome-en (probably all others
also) are badly broken.
They keep trying to install, and the only thing to do is ctrl+alt+del to
quit and start the install new, after unmarking these 2 pkgs for install
during pkg-controle, in the installer

At this point, i am very serious, when asking to bring back a
'skip','ignore' and 'retry' button, in the installer, at the point of
installing pkgs.
Those buttons could be 'hidden' under the 'cancel' button, to complete
the dialog there is now: 'abort' and 'continue'.

When there are pkgs broken in the repo, there has to be a way to
continue the install, without starting all over again.
I think everybody would agree on that?
This would be for proper use of the netinstaller..

The partitioner works great!
Just one click from the imported mountpoints, to change a partition,
very nice.. ;)

The look and feel of the installer are improved also, and 'back' works
now flawless.
ifup also works, not talking about wifi here, cause i did not try that yet.

I am glad i have a working M6 now..

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball    (M9.)     (Now or never...)

  OS:  Linux 2.6.31-rc7-4-desktop x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  oddball@AMD64x2-SFN1
  Systeem:  openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 6 (x86_64)
  KDE:  4.3.00 (KDE 4.3.0) "release 3"