List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] dte package names
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2009-07-29 10:23:55

On 2009/07/29 11:26 (GMT+0200) Martin Schlander composed:

> Patterns is what you want I guess:
> http://mschlander.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/patterns.png

I don't think so. Patterns are used by YaST(2), not rpm/zypper NAICT. The
following e.g. bring not found errors:

zypper rm kde3-pattern
zypper in pattern-kde4
zypper in task-xfce
zypper rm gnome-meta
zypper in desktop-icewm
zypper in kde3-workspace
zypper in xfce.ymp
zypper in xfce-ymp
zypper in ymp-xfce
zypper in ymp.xfce

> However I wouldn't think it's as easy to remove a complete DE as you'd hope.
> Mainly cuz some packages are shared by different DEs.

I don't expect perfection in a removal, but this is also about adding. Surely
there are names for "patterns" that rpm & zypper can use.

For comparison, on a standard Ubuntu install, which is Gnome only, 'sudo
apt-get install kde-core' would add everything required to get a working KDE
DTE, 'sudo apt-get install kde-desktop' would convert to a complete Kubuntu
environment, 'sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop' would convert to a
complete Xubuntu environment, and 'sudo apt-get remove gnome-desktop' would
uninstall all parts of Gnome not required for various GTK apps left behind to
run on other DTEs.
--
No Jesus - No peace , Know Jesus -  Know Peace

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/