List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] reinstall package with zypper?
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2009-07-14 11:45:40

I don't see any option to perform package reinstallation in zypper's help
screen. Is it there but I just don't see it?

The reason I ask is I updated Factory yesterday, and now KDM offers no option
to select _any_ version of KDE, even though both KDE3 (according to rpm
query) and KDE4 are installed. KDM only offers previous, custom, icewm, twm &
failsafe. There are 3 files in /usr/share/xsessions: icewm.desktop,
kde.desktop & twm.desktop. kde.desktop contains KDE3 in Name & Exec, and is
3926 bytes, compared to my 11.0 KDE3 version at 6662 bytes.

exec /opt/kde3/bin/startkde fails with no such file. What needs to be
reinstalled to get KDE3 back, and put both KDE3 & KDE4 in the KDM menu?
--
No Jesus - No peace , Know Jesus -  Know Peace

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/