List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: What should be on the DVD and what's fine online only?
From:       Karsten =?iso-8859-1?q?K=F6nig?= <remur () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-06-08 12:12:50

Hi,
yes, educational institutes have the best connection, but what I have seen in
Brasil (the only country where I have friends who study and internetcafes are
still on every corner) people download their big software bundles in the
university or the internet cafe to take it home later on, or they buy it on
the streets for a penny. But computers (though often old ones) are widespread,
so I consider these installations a big target. But true, everybody has
different use cases, mine wouldn't be hacking on vacation ;-) So it'd be best
for the dvd to cover as much use cases as possible, so I'd still say stripping
texlive is a worth a second attempt.

Karsten