List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Can't find deps req'd by 11.0 2.6.27 kernel
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () ij ! net>
Date:       2009-06-08 11:50:05

On 2009/06/08 12:40 (GMT+0200) Dominique Leuenberger composed:

> > How does one find out the owner/contact for packages in
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ when problems like \
> > this  arise?

> I usually go this way:
> Get a browser, go to your repo URL \
> (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ilya_41/openSUSE_11.0/repodata \
> ) and then check the changelog of the package you're interested in. It \
> should contain an email address of the user packaging it up. Sending the \
> user an email might help in getting the issue solved generally.
> on the other hand in this specific case it might not help, as the user \
> seems mainly to link other packages. So the changelog will not give you \
> good info.

So I see. :-(

> But then, we can use some osc magic. From the home: path we know, the \
> username is ilya_41, so you can issue
> > osc meta user ilya_41
> And you'll get the email address of this user.

osc says "user 'ilya_41' not found" :-(

> PS: I intentionally did not answer the question regarding the actual \
> issue due to lack of knowledge in this area. If you have the option to \
> test this on a system without loosing anything, I would say it's worthy \
> to try getting those packages.

11.0 has single package kernels. 11.1 has multi package kernels. I'm not
adventurous enough to try this without guidance from someone with \
experience.

Thanks for you reply.
--
"Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/