List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] The plan to speed up openSUSE 11.2
From:       "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger () TMF-Group ! com>
Date:       2009-06-02 12:21:28

> > > On 6/2/2009 at 14:00, Stephan Kulow <coolo@novell.com> wrote:
> Am Freitag 29 Mai 2009 schrieb Rastislav Krupanský:
> > Gimp
> > first - 11s
> > repeated - 9s
>
> > Gimp
> > first - 23s
> > repeated - 17s

I tried it on my system (using time, and trying to close as fast as possible, when \
the image is painted) dle3ams@3120-2914:~> time gimp
real	0m17.052s
user	0m6.044s
sys	0m2.812s

dle3ams@3120-2914:~> time gimp
real	0m7.656s
user	0m4.480s
sys	0m0.620s

Most of the time I can see it scanning and loading extensions.
Might be worthy to compare if other distros have the same amount of extensions here, \
in order to be sure we compare the same.

Dominique