List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Provide SELinux policies
From:       Pavol Rusnak <prusnak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2009-03-23 12:36:58

Stephan Kleine wrote:
> As I already said "the foundation probably has to be laid by a few
> folks who should know that stuff from the inside out (e.g. the
> security team)" which is way over the top of my expertise.
>
> After that foundation is laid I happily try to help with getting
> profiles for other applications.
>
> Also there is apparently already work ongoing in the security:SELinux repository

Hi!

I'm the one responsible for security:SELinux repository. Packages there
could be considered as the "official" ones. In openSUSE 11.1 and SLE we
shipped only libraries. Tools and policies are available only from this
repository. Package selinux-policy with its 3 subpackages
(mcs,mls,standard) are reference policies from Tresys[1]. I will add the
SEEdit package mentioned in the other mail in a few moments ...

[1] http://oss.tresys.com/projects/refpolicy/

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK                                       SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer                                Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144                                     19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz                                http://www.suse.cz