List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] =?windows-1256?Q?FW:_[opens?= =?windows-1256?Q?use-factor?=
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatwork () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-23 8:27:21

> > After update to the latest factory I received also the
> > latest kernel 2.6.29. However I am now currently experience issues
> > with Xserver.
>
> What graphics driver / hardware are you using?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Hi Greg, I am using a IBM Thinkpad T42.  This notebook has a ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 \
graphics card. For this one I am using the radeon (+radeonfb) drivers in the kernel \
and see the sniplet below of the Xorg.conf file regarding the graphics driver :

Section "Device"
  BoardName    "Radeon LW"
  BusID        "1:0:0"
  Driver       "radeon"
  Identifier   "Device[0]"
  Option       "AGPMode" "4"
  Option       "RenderAccel" "on"
  Option       "BIOSHotkeys" "on"
  Option       "GARTSize" "32"
  Option       "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
  Option       "SaXDualHead" ""
  Option       "SaXDualMode" "Clone"
  Option       "SaXDualMonitorModel" "1024X768@60HZ"
  Option       "SaXDualMonitorVendor" "--> VESA"
  Option       "SaXDualOrientation" "LeftOf"
  Option       "SaXDualResolution" "1024x768"
  Option       "SaXDualVSync" "50-60"
  Option       "CRT2HSync" "31-48"
  Option       "CRT2Position" "Clone"
  Option       "CRT2VRefresh" "50-60"
  Option       "IgnoreEDID" "yes"
  Option       "MergedFB" "yes"
  Option       "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768;1024x768,1024x768"
  Option       "SaXDualHSync" "31-48"
  Option       "MonitorLayout" "AUTOCRT,AUTO"
  VendorName   "ATI"
EndSection

Regards

Raymond