List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] wireless networks
From:       Helmut Schaa <hschaa () suse ! de>
Date:       2008-09-04 9:27:23

Am Freitag, 29. August 2008 14:42:30 schrieb ¡ElCheVive!:
> Anyone knows if theres a problem with KNetworkManager or ifup in
> connecting to wireless networks with ESSIDs containing special
> characteres like º, ª, ã, and others?

How are the characters represented in "iwlist scan"?

I'm not quite sure about this but the 802.11 standard specifies the ssid
as a plain byte array. Hence the access point might use a different encoding
than the client. AFAIK wpa_supplicant allows to enter a hex ssid, not sure
about KNM and ifup.

Helmut