List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] OpenJDK6 build in factory and error with SSL
From:       Tyler <Tyler_Kdog () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-06-28 3:52:05

Hi folks,

For the most part I've been successfully using the OpenJDK6 and plugin
x86_64 builds presently in factory (1.2 build 9-10), with Firefox 64bit,
but I've come across an error/bug with respect to use in conjunction
with SSL.  Specifically:

Error: creating socket failed - java.net.SocketException:
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing
implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class:
sun.security.ssl.DefaultSSLContextImpl)

 From a google search, and judging from what is reported elsewhere (see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sun-java6/+bug/234025), I
believe that this very error/bug has now been resolved in the OpenJDK
development sources.  However, I've been  unsuccessful in attempts to
produce a build myself.

So, cutting to the chase, I would be very much obliged if someone could
possibly put up a new build in factory.  Thanks, Tyler.