List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] some comments about usabilty, regarding repositories
From:       Martin Schlander <suse () linuxin ! dk>
Date:       2008-04-26 17:01:11

Lørdag den 26. April 2008 18:39:12 skrev Gabriel:
> I found quite hard to find how to add the Community Repositories.
> It take some time to me to find out that it is hidden in the Software
> Management module.
> I think the approach of 10.3, having a separated module to manage
> Community Repositories is better. Specially for new users, who don't
> have idea of such function. I found it because I know it so I started
> to search it. But, IHMO is not the best for new users.
> And, as I read in other messages, your target are the newbies.

I think you're wrong. The almighty fantastic Ubuntu distribution which is a
benchmark for what's right also "hides" repository management in the package
management ui.

I think it's more intuitive to new users that everything package management
related is in the same place. The people who will be confused are experienced
users such as yourself, who need to learn and adjust.