List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] AUSU A7V8X-X ethernet module
From:       Donn Washburn <n5xwb () hal-pc ! org>
Date:       2007-04-28 14:32:06

Donn Washburn wrote:
> Hey Group;
>
> Has anyone IDed the Ethernet module for a AUSU A7V8X-X MB with a
> Realtech chipset.  Looking in the case it appears to be a RTL82018 chip.
> I tried a rt8139too and some others with no luck so far.
>
> NOTE; this unit may have been damaged by lightening.  It does appear the
> USR modem is gone out.  The ethernet RJ45 was not connected.

Group - This problem is solved - turns out it was dual booting 98 and
SuSE.  However to keep 98 happy they turned off the ethernet in BIOS.
Turn it on and bring up SuSE > Yast2 > Network > Network Cards and SuSE
found a VIA-RHINE module.  Problem with that is that no where is it
mentioned on the net that the ethernet is a VIA chipset.  I guess the
RTL chipset is audio.

Anyway it is working

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street     Email: " n5xwb@hal-pc.org "

Did you know?
The transistor was invented by three white men.