List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    [opensuse-factory] Replacing TuxKart by SuperTuxKart
From:       "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger () TMF-Group ! com>
Date:       2007-01-29 9:31:02

Hi everybody,

I was just a bit wondering: would it be possible for the development of
10.3 (I guess that's now the official name, isn't it?) to replace
TuxKart with SuperTuxKart?

I think TuxKart is way obsoleted by the latter one (current official
release v0.2, a new version most likely due in mid feb, with new physics
and full screen support)

Packages are already available in the BS, and I think a 'merge' in the
official tree could be very nice. I would even volunteer to continue the
maintenance of the package build for this package (as I'm maintaining it
already now in the BS).

Is there already an 'official' way to get packages in the official
distribution / replace obsolete ones ?

I understand that such leaf applications should not be the highest
priority, but I remember in 10.2 several users had problems with TK and
'converting' them to STK solved their issues and they could have fun.

Looking forward for your comments,
Dominique