List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE 10.2 beta1 netinst CD install problems with VMWare
From:       Mike McCallister <workingwriter () prodigy ! net>
Date:       2006-11-05 18:10:52

I'm having the same problem as Mark. I downloaded the image directly from the
openSUSE site, burned the image with K3b (onto three different CDs) with the
intent of installing the beta on a portable HD. The CD booted properly, but
when I clicked Installation, the screen came up, and some time later I got
the "Make sure CD1 is in the drive" message. Clicking OK brought the message
up again; clicking Back brought up the keyboard language dialog, then the
install menu. Just for kicks, I tried the CD-check from the menu and it
recognized the CD and pronounced it healthy. But the install would not
proceed.

All thoughts appreciated.

Mike McCallister

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 5:00 pm, Mark E Mason wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I didn't get that far.  I ran into this right after the language
> selection screen.
>
> /Mark

Mike McCallister		ProTek Writing Services
workingwriter@prodigy.net	"Translation from the Geek a specialty"
Notes from the Metaverse: http://metaverse.wordpress.com
Author, "SUSE Linux 10 Unleashed"