List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    SPAM: Re: [opensuse-factory] Hardware Support: JMicron JMB363 (w/ Intel P965 Chipset)
From:       Marcus Camen <mcamen () mcamen ! de>
Date:       2006-10-15 19:20:22

> > For the disks I'm also using AHCI mode.
>
> Out of curiosity (only, since I've achieved what I want based on your
> advice) I wonder if these hard drives are on the ICH8 SATA buses or the
> JMicron SATA buses?

ICH8

Right now an Asus P5B mainboard (Intel P965) with default factory settings
will neither recognize any ICH8 or IDE disk or drives nor will the
network controller work with SUSE 10.2.

Of course this is not SUSEs fault but a generic issue. I'm just wondering
how many people buying this (mainstream !) Core-2-Duo hardware will run
into these problems...

--
Marcus