List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] SPAM: SF2 Script with multiline and commenting line
From:       Volker Kuhlmann <hidden () paradise ! net ! nz>
Date:       2006-07-24 5:21:32

> FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="80" #this is http
> FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="443" #this is https
> FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="21" #this is ftp fro Mr.A and B
>
> currently i must type this  in sf2:
> FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="80  443 21"
>
> current scripts syntax difficult for large network
> with customize ports
> service for any clients.

It's just bash variable assignments, and I don't see a problem. Run sed
to modify the variable settings, or if you create the whole thing
automatically by a method of your choice, have that method create the
whole file (and you woulnd't need to keep the comments).

SuSEfirewall2 is more powerful and easier to use than a lot of the
firewall GUI stuff I've seen.

In your example, you could write

FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="
80
443
21
"

or

FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP=
FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="$FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP 80"
FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="$FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP 443"
FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP="$FW_SERVICES_EXT_TCP 21"

if you wanted to. Don't necessarily expect yast to still be able to
handle it then though.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann			is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.