List:       opensuse-factory
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-factory] Testing different Smart packages [was] Call for testing: upcoming smart 0.42
From:       Hartmut Meyer <hartmut.meyer () novell ! com>
Date:       2006-06-23 6:47:09

Hi,

Am Freitag, 23. Juni 2006 00:36 schrieb Pascal Bleser:
> Christoph Thiel wrote:

> > We are not really competing -- we are booth driving smart adoption. The
> > biggest challenge in collaboration is the fact that Pascal offers some
> > .channel files, that we at Novell can't ship for different reasons.
>
> Right. Another point is that the BS repos don't have much visibility as
> of now, at least not as much as mine.
>
> Well, we'll see what the best option is.
> Maybe working together on only one smart package would be better, and
> just provide a link to a big .channel file with the repos that may not
> be shipped within a smart package hosted on the BS...
>
> Although, frankly, I get a lot of mails and feedback of people who
> really appreciate that they just had to install the one smart package
> from my repo and everything was set up properly.
>
> I'm not sure I'd want to break this or make it more complicated for
> end-users.

Why don't you pool your efforts in developing one smart version but package it
in two ways: without the problematic .channel files via the build server and
with the .channel files via Pascals own repository. But the actual smart
development could be completely in sync.

Greetings from Stuhr
hartmut
--
Hartmut Meyer, NTS EMEA Partner Relationship Manager
SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg