List:       opensuse-doc
Subject:    [opensuse-doc] Question about these Documents
From:       Achim Klausmann <Achim.Klausmann () T-Online ! de>
Date:       2014-12-17 6:37:55

Hi there,

any activity here?

I have some question about Documentation sites.

https://de.opensuse.org/Hauptseite /Support/Dokumentation
points out to doc.opensuse.org

These documents for example point out to
https://doc.opensuse.org/opensuse.html#12.2

The EPUBs here i can read with calibre and on my offline ebook reader.

The books from
https://activedoc.opensuse.org/
are partially not accessible.

If i choose 'PDF version' there is no action,
if i choose 'EPUB version' i can read this in calibre for example,
but not on my offline ebook reader.

I contacted the manufacturer ODYS and they said this is not a real
EPUB, only websites.

I'm no a programmer but i tried to open it
with sigil and got a warning that the lines 2 an 3 are not correct.

Which version is described here in activedoc , opensuse 13.1, 13.2 ?
If only one version is described here where are the older ones?

On
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Official_documentation
the version 12.3 is not listed, bad.

An IRC channel listed here
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Documentation_team
is ot available anymore?

So, it's hard to get a information on these nested websites
for a non-programmer.
Over the years i tried to get in and contribute something
to documentation or translation but there to much obstacles.

It would be nice to make it easier.

Best reagrds

--
Alkohol löst keine Probleme,