List:       opensuse-doc
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-doc] GIMP tutorials are lacking
From:       "Rajko M." <rmatov101 () charter ! net>
Date:       2007-04-06 0:38:44

On Thursday 05 April 2007 07:57, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> hi all !
>
> I feel that GIMP tutorials are lacking badly in openSUSE...
>
> I haven't decided yet where to get them and how-to package them.
>
> Possible answer to question 1:
> at gug.sunsite.dk - currently I'm trying to learn what license they
> use for tutorials
>
> Possible answer to question 2:
> possibly package them with LfL ? or create a separate package, known
> as gimp-tutor ?
>
> What do you think about adding some GIMP tutorials to openSUSE ?
>
> link:
> http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials

I skipped expanding the article about the GIMP as there are nice resources on
the web listed in the article:
  http://en.opensuse.org/GIMP

BTW, book "Grokking the GIMP" is not the newest, but it includes technical
background for commands. I haven't time to read it complete, but sections
that I used are much more usefull for those that want to learn what they do,
not only how to find menus and commands, than than the one found in local
library:
 The GIMP for Linux and Unix / Phyllis Davis, 2000
I have to see the other title they have:
The artists' guide to the GIMP / Michael J. Hammel, 1999

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal