List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: appstream on AlamLinux:8 is broken
From:       Adrian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Schr=F6ter?= <adrian () suse ! de>
Date:       2023-11-14 9:03:21

On Montag, 13. November 2023, 23:27:15 CET Dan Muey wrote:
> Thank you Adrian. Clarifications inline!
>
> > it does not look broken to me,
>
> Is https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/AlmaLinux:8 the wrong place to look \
> then?
> I ask because if you go to that URL and look under Build Results all 3 appstream \
> arch's are red triangles w/ exclamation point
> If you mouseover, say, x86_64 you'll see both a "repository set up is broken" error \
> and an "unresolvable preinstall" error about nothing providing `rpm`

that is true if you would use the repo alone. The webui is misleading here a bit.

> > but it is not supposed to be used alone
> >
> > Maybe just use "standard" repo instead which also includes "appstream" ?
>
> We are using standard:
>
> <path project="openSUSE.org:AlmaLinux:8" repository="standard"/>
> <arch>x86_64</arch>
>
> Changing it to this …
>
> <path project="openSUSE.org:AlmaLinux:8" repository="standard"/>
> <path project="openSUSE.org:AlmaLinux:8" repository="appstream"/>
> <arch>x86_64</arch>
>
> … did not make ruby findable.

if at all the opposite order, but as I said appstream is included in standard.

ruby is part of a redhat module only, so you need to activate it in prjconf.
I do not know the module name, but it would be something like

ExpandFlags: module:ruby-1.0

in your prjconf.

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@suse.de>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Frankenstraße 146, 90461 Nürnberg, Germany
(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg) Geschäftsführer: Ivo Totev