List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: Change server time zone
From:       Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj () urpla ! net>
Date:       2021-09-29 11:39:28

Am Dienstag, 28. September 2021, 08:52:41 CEST schrieb Kai Liu:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the "System Status" plot on the home page and the
> "Statistical Plots" on the Status Monitor page seems always using UTC
> time instead of my local time zone setting of the OS. Is there any way
> to change this?

Not sure, if I get you here?

Do you really want these statistical plots to adhere to your local time?

If this is the case, then the answer is: Sorry, such a change would complicate
matters and result in a too low or even *negative* score. Since your view
would differ to others, a recalculation peak at 3300 at 10:30 would mean
something different to anybody in a different timezone. How would you show
these stats in the saving time switch phase, if one hour (or whatever..)
repeats?

OBS is a great tool to be used around the world, and using UTC everywhere is
the only sane way to deal with it. Hence: sorry.

Best,
Pete