List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Repository publishing broken on b.o.o ?
From:       Julio Gonzalez <jgonzalez () suse ! com>
Date:       2019-08-02 17:52:13

Hi Fritz,

I finally managed to get the problem solved for my Ubuntu repositories, so I
guess your problem could be the same.

In my case, I was trying to publish a rebuild of a package, but sadly the
Debian packaged we had, didn't increase the build number at the control files.

By having a look at https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/felfert/
Fedora_29/x86_64/ehs-devel-1.5.1-173.fc29.x86_64.rpm

I think it's the same. Is "-173" coming from your SPEC and you are trying to
publish a rebuild?

If that's the case, I have to be honest (if mls is reading me): I didn't
understand 100% the explanation of why it's happening (I should stop
multitasking one day), but I understood that the solution is increasing the
release number.

In your case that could be fixed by adding a suffix to -173 that gets
increased each time the package rebuilds.

If I am not wrong, adding this to your Project Config:

Release: <SPEC_REL>.<B_CNT>

And launching a rebuild of the project

osc rebuild -a <YOUR_PROJECT>

Should fix your issues.

I can't find anything about this a the official doc:
https://openbuildservice.org/help/manuals/obs-user-guide/
cha.obs.prjconfig.html

But I know for a fact that you can change the Release like that, as we use
something similar at Uyuni (for RPMs), and I had a look at this issue:
https://github.com/openSUSE/open-build-service/issues/536

Let us know if your problem gets fixed.

--
Julio González Gil
Release Engineer, SUSE Manager and Uyuni