List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: OBS + GitHub - deprecation of GitHub Services
From:       Christian Bruckmayer <cbruckmayer () suse ! com>
Date:       2018-10-29 12:22:28

On 10/25/2018 02:54 PM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am 25.10.18 um 10:13 schrieb Andreas Schwab:

>>> coolo@cleopatra#~>osc token --create home:coolo demopac
>>> Create a new token
>>> <status code="ok">
>>>   <summary>Ok</summary>
>>>   <data name="token">aWup8hf2dzF8c2GPfoKn1BpV</data>
>>>   <data name="id">1920</data>
>>> </status>
>>>
>>> And then paste aWup... into the secret:
>>> https://pasteboard.co/HK3ry5c.png
>> Are you sure it's the token id and not the token string that you need to
>> use?  osc token --trigger also uses the token string.
>>
> Well, you need both - don't ask me why. But it's in the code:
> https://bit.ly/2yzK1kx
Because GitHub creates a signature over the payload with this token. The
token gets not transferred by GitHub. GitHub only transfers the id which
OBS uses to verify this signature. This is a different concept than osc
does. We just leveraged that there was already functionality to create
tokens in OBS.

https://developer.github.com/webhooks/securing/#validating-payloads-from-github

Hope that helps.

And yes, we should document this :)