List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to build debian packages locally?
From:       James Bottomley <James.Bottomley () HansenPartnership ! com>
Date:       2016-01-11 16:02:23

On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 12:25 +0100, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 02:05:29PM -0800, James Bottomley wrote:
> > My problem is that when uploaded to the Build Server, debian builds
> > work fine.  For example this one:
> >
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:jejb1:Asterisk/asteris
> >
> > However, when I try to build locally (to verify I've got the debian
> > files right), the build fails because it can't download any of the
> > build dependencies:
> >
> > > osc build Debian_8.0 i586
> > Building asterisk_13.6.0~dfsg-2.dsc for Debian_8.0/i586
> > Getting buildinfo from server and store to
> > /home/jejb/osc/home:jejb1:Asterisk/asterisk/.osc/_buildinfo
> > -Debian_8.0
> > -i586.xml
> > Getting buildconfig from server and store to
> > /home/jejb/osc/home:jejb1:Asterisk/asterisk/.osc/_buildconfig
> > -Debian_8.0-i586
> > Updating cache of required packages
> > 100.0% cache miss. 0/542 dependencies cached.
> >
> > Trying openSUSE Build Service server for base-passwd (Debian:8.0),
> > not
> > found at download.opensuse.org.
> >  Trying openSUSE Build Service server for user-setup (Debian:8.0),
> > not
> > found at download.opensuse.org.
> >  Trying openSUSE Build Service server for perl (Debian:8.0), not
> > found
> > at download.opensuse.org
> > [...]
>
> Those are not error messages, they just tell you that the packages
> need do be downloaded from OBS directly.
>
> There should be a "fetching packages for 'Debian:8.0'" line after all
> those messages.

Actually, this (failure to download) turned out to be unwarned missing
packages.  After doing

zypper in dpkg binutils devscripts

It will now download and install debian packages as the last stage in
the process.  Sorry for the noise.  This is a newly installed system
which is replacing an older one which had just worked(tm).

Thanks,

James