List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] combined use of _aggregate and _service in a package?
From:       Karl W Schulz <karl () koomie ! com>
Date:       2016-01-08 15:01:49

> On Jan 4, 2016, at Jan 4, 3:08 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@suse.de> wrote:
>
> On Tuesday 22 December 2015, 09:50:44 wrote Karl W. Schulz:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I am aware of the nice capability to copy binary build results from one project \
> > to another using the _aggregate feature. The examples I have seen thus far seem \
> > to always have the same number of repos available in the source project as are \
> > present in the destination project (although the names may be different).
>
> (IMHO it is better to build against the other repo instead, since aggregates tend \
> to break when dependencies changes or packages get splitted different or renamed)
> > If that is not the case (say the destination project is introducing a new repo \
> > that wasn't present in the source project), is it possible to construct a package \
> > configuration using _aggregate to retain the binary result for the repo that \
> > existed previously, and _service to build from source for the new repository?
>
> No, you can't combine _aggregates with _service.

Ok, thanks for confirming it’s not possible to combine the two. This leads to another \
question when thinking of an alternative approach. Is there perhaps a way to do a \
project copy (or package copy) that does not initiate a rebuild automatically?  I’ve \
tried things like the following with the API:

$ osc api -X POST "/source/newproject/?cmd=copy&oproject=oldproject&resign=0&withbinaries=1&withhistory=1”

This copies over the binaries from “oldproject" to “newproject" initially, but then \
also forces rebuilds of every package in the newproject.  I’m trying to figure out a \
way to make the copy happen without initiating any new builds until subsequent \
changes are committed onto newproject.

Thanks for any tips,

-k