List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] how to embed BS-generated ISOs within other BS-generated kiwi images
From:       Adrian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Schr=F6ter?= <adrian () suse ! de>
Date:       2014-09-08 6:03:51

On Samstag, 6. September 2014, 18:20:46 wrote Adam Spiers:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using the Build Service to generate a Vagrant box via kiwi:
>
>   https://github.com/openSUSE/kiwi/wiki/Building-vagrant-boxes
>
> and I would like to inject into it at build-time a couple of .iso
> files which are generated by the same Build Service instance (but in a
> different project).  I don't mind whether the .isos are injected as
> normal files, or are unpacked as part of the injection.  But I would
> really like to do it at build-time if possible.

Since iso files do not provide any provides/requires information this
is not easy possible. You have to wrap them into rpm packages to get them
installed.

You can do so by writing a script and package it as

  /usr/lib/build/kiwi_post_run

this will be executed after the kiwi build, so you can re-package
all wanted kiwi resulted files into an rpm and place it inside
of the $RPMBUILD/OTHER directory.

You need also to override the repo via following in the prjconf,
since OBS expects no rpms by default from kiwi builds:

Repotype: rpm-md

> So is there any way of doing this?  I see that kiwi supports the
> <archive> element but the question is how to reference the .isos as
> sources.  I guess I could use the download_files source service to
> fetch the .isos into the package prior to build-time, but the names of
> the .isos change every time they get rebuilt by the BS instance.

please do not do that, it would also archive the iso files forever ...

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@suse.de

SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany