List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Backend storage questions
From:       Carsten_Höger <choeger () open-xchange ! com>
Date:       2013-09-25 14:08:10

Hi,

On Sep 25, 2013, at 15:41 , Daniel Drake <drake@endlessm.com> wrote:

> Will OBS ever purge files from ancient revisions? If I purge such
> files manually, will anything break beyond the ability to back through
> history to that particular revision?
> How do large instances e.g. openSUSE deal with this?
>
> Now looking at storage of resultant built binaries, it appears that
> OBS only keeps the most recently built version. Is this correct, and
> can this be tweaked?

We basically do the same: Use OBS for continuous integration tests and thus build
a huge set of package multiple times every say (based on git commits).

We had 1.5TB of pure source history in just 2 month and we did not want to
by new storage every year ;).

So we sponsored the development of a cleanup task in obs_admin (see Adrians last
post). It has been developed by B1-Systems.

We run this task as a cronjob once a day (in the night) and it does its job.

--
mit freundlichen Gruessen/with best regards,

Carsten Hoeger
Open-Xchange GmbH

Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nürnberg, Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt

European Office: Open-Xchange GmbH, Martinstr. 41, D-57462 Olpe, Germany
Amtsgericht Siegen, HRB 8718, Geschäftsführer: Frank Hoberg, Martin Kauss

US Office: Open-Xchange Inc., P.O. Box 143, Ardsley on Hudson, New York 10503