List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    RE: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS build dependency issue
From:       "Malcolm Fernandes" <mfernand () broadcom ! com>
Date:       2013-03-20 19:03:00

> > [MF-03/19/2013]  Some more observations.  The OBS project having issues
> had rebuild="direct" in the project meta, while my home project (which does
> not have problems) does not have that attribute.  I believe
> rebuild="transitive" is the default.  When I added the rebuild="direct" in the
> project meta of my home project, it also exhibited the build dependency
> issues.
> > I'm guessing I should remove the rebuild="direct" in the project meta and
> let it default to 'transitive'.  Any thoughts on this?
>
> yes. It is the default for a good reason :)

[MF] ok thanks.

> > What is the project meta and the repository rebuild strategy?
> > [MF]  This is an extract of the project meta:
> > <repository rebuild="direct" name="standard">
> > <arch>armv8el</arch>
>
> Uh, you really use that one? You are aware that this architecture never existed
> and actually got called "aarch64" meanwhile?

[MF] Not sure why you say 'armv8el' never existed.  I see it referenced in the OBS \
                codebase (2.3.1), while I cannot see any references of 'aarch64':
/srv/www/obs/api/public/schema/obs.rng
/srv/www/obs/api/db/seeds.rb
/srv/www/obs/api/test/fixtures/architectures.yml
/srv/www/obs/docs/api/obs.rng
/usr/lib/obs/server/build/build
/usr/lib/obs/server/build/Build.pm

Cheers,