List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Jenkins and OBS
From:       Kanstantsin Shautsou <gentoo.integer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-23 12:11:02

On 23.01.2013, at 2:24, Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2013-01-17 22:44:37 +0000, Kanstantsin Shautsou said:
>
> > What type of integration you want?
>
> Well, from what I'm looking at, Jenkins monitors a version control system, and is \
> able to then perform a number of actions, including a build.
> I'd like to be able to:
> - have Jenkins monitor several git repositories (various project components)
> - Trigger package builds in OBS when these repositories have updated.
It's easy, i/you can wrote simple plugin for it.
> - Report & track the success/failure of the builds.
It's difficult, obs has no build ID's, that you can use for wait. Also package build \
could be triggered for rebuild by other packages. And how you plan track various \
arches for build (i thing here could be used matrix build, but it also differs)?

> - Eventually run a series of automated QA tests on the packages.
It's difficult because you can't grab code tests. (there is no mechanism of transfer \
file from build root). You can only run tests for build package and here is another \
problem, in what environment? There is no consistency..
Jenkins is a bit other level of build systems then OBS.