List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    [opensuse-buildservice] OBSLight 1.0 and FakeOBS 1.0.1 with support for mic and gbs on OpenSUSE, Fed
From:       "Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC)" <dominig.arfoll () fridu ! net>
Date:       2012-10-25 16:41:21

Hello,

we are pleased to announce the new releases of OBSLight (1.0.0) and
FakeOBS (1.0.1). This new version allows to create local project and is
supported by the latest OpenSUSE, Fedora and Unbuntu.

You can now create a project with OBSlight from an OBS server, a gsb
manifest  or from a local Template.
From an OBS project,  you can as previously locally build OBS packages,
but you can now also import packages from a git repos (Tizen format) or
local files.

OBSLight provides all the required tools for all the supported distros.
this includes mic and gbs depanneur.

OBSLight and FakeOBS have now moved to OpenSUSE OBS and are published at
https://build.opensuse.org:
    - standard users will use the project stable (devel:OBS:Light:Stable):

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=devel%3AOBS%3ALight%3AStable

   - Beta testers can access to the project head ()
(devel:OBS:Light:Head)(devel version ):

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=devel%3AOBS%3ALight%3AHead

Use of the stable.version should be preferred by most of you. Never use
the both in the same time.
The head version is linked to our git branch head,  the stable version
is linked to our git branch master.
https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-developer-tools/obs-light

We support OBSLight and FakeOBS for:

  -Fedora 16
  -Fedora 17
  -OpenSUSE 12.1
  -OpenSUSE 12.2
  -Ubuntu  11.10
  -Ubuntu 12.04

As OBSLight required mic, gbs and depanneur,  we also distribute Mic for:
  -Fedora 16
  -Fedora 17
  -OpenSUSE 12.2
and gbs, depanneur,... for:
  -Fedora 16
  -OpenSUSE 12.2

These complementary packages are added automatically when required from
OBSLight repo.

Features details
===========
  * OBS Light:
    -  New wizard to create project (now you can choose  OBS or local
project).
    - Use GIt package in OBS project.
    - Use Git package in Local project.
    -  Generate and store manifest.xml from
https://review.tizen.org/git/?a=project_index.
    - Import Tizen Git package from UI.
    -  New appliance is now on Opensuse 12.2.
    - A New appliance base on the head version (devel branch.).

* Fake obs:
    - improved packaging.
    - added 'version' option to commandline.
    - now searching for RPMs which are in :full but not in repositories
       when doing a grab.
    - changed data organisation.
    - rewrote most parts in python.
    - added 'shrink' command to link duplicated RPMs.
    - fixed _buildinfo request for ARM builds.
    - not using manifest anymore to remove a project.
    - restart daemon after grab or import.
           - converter for FakeOBS image based on release 0.6x

Links
=====
Training video (30mn)
*
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xu46ij_building-tizen-2-from-the-source-with-obslight_tech

To install or update OBS Light:
* http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OBS_Light_Installation
* http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OBS_Light_Fakeobs#Installation

You can find an appliance including OBS Light here:
Stable:
* http://susestudio.com/a/e0uuBG/obs-light-obs-client-stable
Head:
* http://susestudio.com/a/e0uuBG/obs-light-obs-client-head

Do not hesitate to submit bugs or suggestions for improvements on our
bug tracker:
https://bugs.meego.com/buglist.cgi?product=Development%20Tools&amp;component=OBS%20Light

Your feedback is welcome.
With thanks, the OBS Light Team.