List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS Trip Report: oSC12
From:       Jan Engelhardt <jengelh () inai ! de>
Date:       2012-10-24 15:43:30

On Wednesday 2012-10-24 17:24, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>over the weekend I went to the openSUSE conference/Linuxdays in
>Prague/Czech Republic, here is my trip-report for the OBS community.
>
>##General Comments
>The program of the first two days was more focused on things that are
>only loosely connected to OBS like FOSS/commons/freedom in general, user
>workshops and applications. It also featured a gentoo track but they
>don't have much use for a build service...

They may not have much use for the repository part of a build service
(since many packages are user-specific), but the building part, there
certainly is room for. Come to think of it, to make openSUSE
gentoo-like, you would "only" need...
 1. a project called "localhost" containing packages that
    contains a prjconf with your own %optflags
 2. whenever you zypper-emerge something,
    if package does not exist,
      - osc linkpac openSUSE.org:openSUSE:Factory/pkg localhost/pkg
    if package does exist,
    when done building:
    so that the whole thing does not build in the background,
    unwantedly
 3. have zypper-emerge imply `zypper up` from your localhost repo.

and taking advantage of BSrv rebuilding all that's needed.

:)