List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Specifying different debian.control files for different Ubuntu versions
From:       David Jarvie <software () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2011-06-20 21:49:59

On Sunday 19 June 2011 05:49:28 Fritz Elfert wrote:
> On 18.06.2011 13:06, David Jarvie wrote:
> > Is it possible to specify different versions of debian.control for building for \
> > different Ubuntu versions? For RPM distros, it's possible to provide \
> > project-openSUSE_11.3.spec which will be used in preference to project.spec for \
> > openSUSE 11.3 - is there a similar possibility for debian.control?
> > Alternatively, can conditionals be specified inside debian.control in the same \
> > manner as %if ... %endif in .spec file?
>
> The simplest way is to pack the whole debian/ subtree into a separate
> tar.gz, then reference that in your .dsc
> The .dsc's definitively have the mentioned feature. Have a look here for
> example:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=wxWidgets&project=home%3Afelfert

I tried creating separate .dsc files for each Ubuntu version, using a similar naming \
scheme to yours, but in my project overview, all Ubuntu builds are now shown as \
"excluded". Evidently something is wrong in my config - I suspect there may be an \
incompatibility between the .dsc file and debian.control. Unfortunately, I can't \
download your .tar.gz files to examine their contents, because they don't show up as \
available for download in your project 'files' page. Could you please send me your \
debian.control file from your wxWidgets package so that I can compare it with mine to \
see why mine isn't working with OBS.

Thanks,
David.