List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    [opensuse-buildservice] Workflow suggestions for working with nightly builds and full releases
From:       Matt Williams <matt () milliams ! com>
Date:       2010-10-21 14:26:07

Hi all,

I'm hoping to get some suggestions from you guys about how to best
handle a bunch of packages I'm maintaining. Basically I have a number
of packages (the Falcon programming language, some extra modules and
some tools). What I would like to do is have a OBS project
(falcon:Unstable -- all under my home:Milliams personal project) where
I build nightly versions of the packages, then I would also like to
have a second project (home:Milliams:falcon) where I build only the
officially released packages.

Is there any way in which I can ease this cycle since on the whole,
the spec files in the two projects will be almost identical. Can I
perhaps maintain one as the main project and have the other one link
against it with patches applied to change the version and the tarball?
I will probably use the new 'source service' technique for the
Unstable repo to fetch snapshots from Git and maybe for the release
repo to to get the tarballs directly from the release website.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
Matt Williams