List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    RE: [opensuse-buildservice] brp-python-bytecompile not being invoked
From:       "Douglas Kosovic" <douglask () itee ! uq ! edu ! au>
Date:       2009-02-26 10:00:00

Hi Adrian,

> Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009 14:14:33 schrieb Douglas Kosovic:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With the Fedora:10 (and earlier) and CentOS:CentOS-5 project
> > configurations, *.pyc and *.pyo files aren't being generated because
> > brp-python-bytecompile isn't being invoked for RPMs that contain *.py
> > files.
>
> Does this mean it works with RHEL ?

It'll be the same with RHEL as CentOS.

> > When you use the built RPMs, SElinux will give noisy warnings if
> > python tries to access or create non-existing foo.pyc & foo.pyo for a
> > packaged foo.py.
> >
> > For a local build service I setup, I added the following to the
> > corresponding local project configurations:
> >
> > Required: python redhat-rpm-config
> >
> > and brp-python-bytecompile is now being invoked (note: adding
> > redhat-rpm-config by itself wasn't sufficient).
> >
> > I'm wondering if the redhat-rpm-config package ommision is
> > intentional or just an oversight?
>
> You need to ask redhat for this ;)

I was only building Python RPMs and thought all was okay with adding the \
redhat-rpm-config package, unfortunately with the RPMs where a debuginfo RPM gets \
generated, there is a clash between the %debug_package macro defined in \
/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros and %suse_insert_debug_package which (I mentioned in a \
subsequent email) results in :

----
+ exec rpmbuild -ba --define '_srcdefattr (-,root,root)' --define
'disturl srcrep:230053adaa1cb7e4637498aabaf6a607-AccessGrid-QuickBridge'
--eval %suse_insert_debug_package
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/AccessGrid-QuickBridge.spec
error: Package already exists: %package debuginfo
----

I then thought the workaround might be to set the %debug_package macro to %{nil} in \
the Fedora/RHEL/CentOS project config files, but that doesn't work. So I'm not sure \
what the correct approach would be. I'm still thinking about it.

> However, I have fixed this missing dependency in the projects with a
>
> Substitute: python python redhat-rpm-config
>
> line in the project config.

Cheers,
Doug