List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 1.5 Release Candidate
From:       Adrian Schroeter <adrian () suse ! de>
Date:       2009-01-19 8:47:30

On Sunday 18 January 2009 00:44:27 Jon Nelson wrote:
> > Susanne branched also the 1.5 tree last week in svn. This means
> > development in trunk is open again, but important fixes should get
> > backported. Please drop me a mail in addition, if you think they are
> > important for the 1.5 Final release in January next year.
>
> I'm curious if we will be getting another RC before the "Final"
> release of 1.5 due this month, and also where the schedule for that
> is.

We want to do another RC this week due to the number of fixes of the last
weeks.

> I'm personally having one heck of a time creating new build projects.
> Is there any interest in the change I've had to make to the currently
> available 1.5 in order to make it work for me on openSUSE 11.0 ?

Sure.

If you have fixes, you may even submit them directly via submission request to
openSUSE:Tools project. (Check the collaboration wiki page in case this is new
to you).

> I don't have exact details at this time but I know I've had to change
> the following files:
>

> /srv/www/obs/frontend/script/import
> /srv/www/obs/webclient/app/views/project/add_target_simple.rhtml
>

> Lastly, I see 1.6.X is available. What is the difference between
> "Unstable" and "Devel"?

Unstable are candidates, Devel are just snapshosts created automatically by
Martin.

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany