List:       opensuse-buildservice
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mono Build for RHEL5 does not include
From:       Michal Marek <mmarek () suse ! cz>
Date:       2008-02-25 16:38:10

Michael Clemente wrote:
> I stumbled across the OpenSuse Build Service and was happy to see
> current builds for mono on RHEL5/CentOS5.  However, unlike other
> platforms listed under the Mono directory, RHEL5 does not include xsp
> and mod_mono.  While it would be nice to have them built as well, they
> are easy enough to build from source, so no problem.  So I went to
> install mono-core.  However, the dependancy of libgdiplus0 could not be
> found.  In the other platforms, a build of libgdiplus0 is included along
> with the rest of the Mono distribution.
>
> What is the process for requesting something of this nature?

If you register and log in at http://build.opensuse.org/, you can see
that there's a libgdiplus0 package [1], but it currently doesn't build
on RHEL5 [2]. FYI these are the last lines of the log:

checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for DGifOpenFileName in -lgif... yes
checking gif_lib.h usability... yes
checking gif_lib.h presence... yes
checking for gif_lib.h... yes
checking for DGifOpenFileName in -lungif... yes
checking for gif_lib.h... (cached) yes
checking for libpng12... yes
checking for LIBEXIF... yes
configure: error: "Failed to compile with X11/Xlib.h include. You must
fix your compiler paths"

So the process is to fix the build break ;-) or make the maintainer
(listed on [1]) aware of it.

hth,
Michal

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=libgdiplus0&project=Mono