List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    [opensuse-autoinstall] [13.1] Bootloader timeout not working for grub 2?
From:       Robert Munteanu <robert.munteanu () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-31 21:02:56

Hi,

I have the following snippet used to configure the bootloader

  <bootloader>
    <loader_type>grub2</loader_type>
    <global>
        <timeout config:type="integer">1</timeout>
    </global>
  </bootloader>

However, the timeout is not changed, I can see that /etc/default/grub
has the value

GRUB_TIMEOUT=8

Changing that value to 1 and running grub2-mkconfig fixes the timeout problem.

Is this feature not yet implemented for grub2 or am I using it incorrectly?

Thanks,

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/