List:       opensuse-autoinstall
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] specifying media URL for addon products
From:       686f6c6d <686f6c6d () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-22 10:44:17

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Jochen Schaefer <jschaef@novell.com> wrote:
> I have a problem to specify the right media URL's for YUM repositories which
> are located on ISO images.
> Environment: virtual machine ESX
> - first cdrom: customized boot.iso
> - second cdrom: iso with YUM repositories (patches for SLES)
> - third cdrom: iso with original SLES11SP3 installation media
>
> The result is that the installation process finds the correct installation
> media but cannot find the
> addon medias.
>
> But as soon as I specify the installation media from cdrom the addon
> products will not be found anymore.

I'm unsure whether this applies, I've never needed it:
http://ugansert.blogspot.de/2009/06/one-string-to-rule-them-all.html
The general format looks fine to me
(http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc,
http://users.suse.com/~ug/autoyast_doc/Invoking.html#id330419).

> boot prompt: install=cd:/?device=/dev/disk-by-label/SLES* autoyast=...
> […]
> <media_url><![CDATA[cd:/sles11sp3_up/?device=/dev/disk/by-label/FPL-*]]></media_url>

You might have a typo in one of them, one is "disk-by-", the other is
"disk/by-". But I'm just guessing.

--
Kind regards
    Christopher 'm4z' Holm / 686f6c6d

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense
and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is
beautiful and his children smart." --H. L. Mencken